- We looked at many different pictures around the house.
- She identified that some were thick, and some thin.
- Some were decorated and some plain
- Some had different color borders. We learned that these were called mattes
- We also noticed that the corners of the frames had diagonals.
- Quinn drew a photo and then drew a matte and frame around it, making sure to add the diagonals in the corners
- We visited a picture framer shop and got to choose several frames (pink and purple). Then we choose several mattes (green and orange).
- We talked about how the frames and mattes should be choosen with the photo in mind, so that they bring out certain colors from the picture.
- We also discovered that some frames are deeper, to allow for things like baseballs and bats to be framed.
She was neutral about this career