May 25, 2010

So much rational thinking

Amoungst the crying and the tantrums, there is so much rational thinking that is going on in there.

1)
Tantrum:
I don't want to use my bathroom, I want to use the other [utility room] bathroom

Eventual Calm Logical Reason:
I can reach the light there myself.

2)
Tantrum:
I want to unscrew the top of the toothpaste, instead of using the easy flip top lid

Eventual Calm Logical Reason:
I won't get toothpaste on the lid if I take it off

3)
Tantrum:
I'm scared of monsters... I don't want Grover to eat me.

Eventual Calm Does Not Compute brain fry:
I'll send Grover away and maybe Elmo can come to my room. "But Elmo IS a monster," I said. "No he's not". "He is covered in red hair, like Grover is covered in blue hair"

.....

No comments:

Post a Comment