September 28, 2009

A day with Popo

Quinn spent the whole day with Popo. What a fine time we both had! We started out by going to Temple for Yom Kippur. Quinn was engaged the entire time: first she put all the seats in the row down, then back up again; then moved the books onto the seats instead of the chair arms. She does like to arrange things. :-)

She loved the music and recognized that there was a piano playing, even though she couldn't see it. She saw that the shofar that the Rabbi blew was very long. After she got to my house, she found a long stick on the street and pretended to blow the shofar too.

We visited Annabelle, the granddaughter of my friend Mary Beth. They played in the tent/house, climbed the steps to the bed (many times), dressed up with necklaces, rolled the ball, had a snack, danced and generally played well together. When we got back to my house it only took about 15 minutes to get her to nap in the hippo sleeping bag on the floor. I was VERY glad she was so cooperative about that!

We found a play gym with a tire swing, rock wall, rings, swings, slide and had a grand time exploring all it had to offer. When there's a yard available that may be Popo's next gift!!

Then we visited my neighbor Michele and said hi to the Mahh Jong gang. Came back to the house and she read several books to Sybil (doll). Daddy came by, we had dinner, and she went home.

I was tired but feel like it was a very fun, successful day. I know Mommy and Daddy are glad I feel that way since I know they're hoping there will be more days like this one! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment